JUNOS Enterprise Routing
Designed for experienced networking professionals with beginner to intermediate knowledge of routing and switching implementations in Junos, this exam verifies the candidate’s basic understanding of routing and switching technologies and related platform configuration and troubleshooting skills.
- Junos Routing and Switching is for network specialists, network administrators, and network support engineers with 1-3 years of experience. Also the Cisco candidates willing to enter into multi-vendor environment require the Junos certification.
- Students should have basic networking knowledge and an understanding of the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) model and the TCP/IP protocol suite.
- Describe the basic design architecture of the Junos OS
- Perform secondary configuration tasks for features and services such as system logging (syslog) and tracing, Network Time Protocol
- Identify and provide a brief overview of Junos devices. (NTP), configuration archival, and SNMP.
- Navigate within the Junos CLI. Monitor basic operation for the Junos OS and devices.
- Perform tasks within the CLI operational and configuration Modes.
- Identify and use network utilities.
- Upgrade the Junos OS.
- Restore a Junos device to its factory-default state.
- Perform file system maintenance and password recovery on a Junos.
- Perform initial configuration tasks device.
- Configure and monitor network interfaces.
- Navigate within the Junos J-Web interface.
- Explain basic routing operations and concepts.
- View and describe routing and forwarding tables.
- Configure and monitor static routing.
- Configure and monitor OSPF.
- Describe the framework for routing policy and firewall filters.
- Explain the evaluation of routing policy and firewall filters.
- Identify instances where you might use routing policy.
- Write and apply a routing policy.
- Identify instances where you might use firewall filters.
- Write and apply a firewall filter.
- Describe the operation and configuration for unicast reverse path forwarding (RPF).
- Explain the purpose and benefits of CoS.
- List and explain the various components of CoS.
- Implement and verify proper operation of CoS.