Masters Program - SDN Automation and Programmability of Networks
Masters Program - SDN Automation and Programmability of Networks consist of four Segments:
- Segment I : Cisco Nexus 9000 Switches in NX-OS Mode
- Segment II : Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Switches in ACI Mode
- Segment III : Learning Python and JSON
- Segment IV : Cisco Network Programmability Design and Implementation
Segment 1 : Implementing the Cisco Nexus 9000 focuses on deployment and operations of the Cisco Nexus 9000 Series switches. You will learn how to configure and manage Cisco Nexus 9000 Series switches using the NX-OS CLI, Python scripts, bash shell, NX-API, and Open-Flow. Nexus 9000 switches are highly programmable, high density 1/10/40G Ethernet switches that offer highest performance, extensibility to 100GE switching, lowest cost per port and extremely high flexibility and programmability for next generation automation and orchestration. Nexus 9000 Switches build on existing NX-OS technology to bring two new data center network deployment options for customers. This course focuses on the first deployment option, known as Standalone Mode.
Segment 2 : Designed for systems and field engineers who manage and implement the Cisco Nexus 9000 Switches in ACI mode. The course covers the key components and procedures you need to know to understand, configure, manage Cisco Nexus 9000 Switches in ACI mode, and how to connect the ACI Fabric to external networks and services.
Segment 3 : Python is a general-purpose interpreted, interactive, object-oriented, and high-level programming language. It was created by Guido van Rossum during 1985- 1990. Like Perl, Python source code is also available under the GNU General Public License (GPL). This tutorial gives enough understanding on Python programming language.
JSON is a light-weight, text-based open standard for interchanging data. JSON is human readable and language independent. It is easy for computers to read and generate JSON . JSON is used in order to send data between client and servers (Browsers/Clients to Application Servers). JSON is the abbreviation of Java Script Object Notation (derived version of it)
Segment 4 : This Segment is for software developers looking to automate network infrastructure and utilize APIs and toolkits to interface with SDN controllers and individual devices. You will learn about topics covered by the Cisco 300-550 and 300-560 exams, leading to the “Cisco Network Programmability Design and Implementation Specialist” and “Cisco Network Programmability Developer Specialist” certifications .
- Network engineers
- Field engineers
- System engineers
- Network designers
- Network operations
- Network automation engineers
- Network programmers
- Network developers
- Software engineers
- Application developers
- Network Architect
To fully benefit from this course, students should have the following prerequisite skills and knowledge:
- Students should be familiar with Cisco Ethernet switching products.
- Students should understand Cisco data center architecture.
- Students should be familiar with virtualization
- Good understanding of networking protocols, routing, and switching:
- Recommended CCNA Certification
- Recommended attendance of Cisco IP Routing Class (ROUTE)
- Recommended attendance of Cisco Switching Class (SWITCH)
- Describe Cisco products that address market trends in the data center
- Describe Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Switch hardware components
- Describe the hardware architecture of modular chassis, modular chassis line cards, and fixed configuration in the Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Switch
- Describe features offered in NX-OS that are available on the Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Switches
- Configure VXLAN features on Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Switches
- Describe the programmability, automation, and management features available on Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Switches Describe common topology options for configuring Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Switches
- Describe the benefits of adopting Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) fabric mode on Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Switches
- Describe the Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Switch ACI
- Discuss the ACI fabric
- Review Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Switch hardware
- Configure the ACI controller (APIC)
- Configure ACI L4-L7 service integration
- Integrate the APIC hypervisor
- Understand the programmability and orchestration of the ACI network
- Discuss ACI connectivity to outside networks
- Implement ACI management
- Describe migration options with ACI
- Develop network applications in programmable environments such as ONEPk and XNC
- Develop applications to address use cases in WAN, DC, and campus environments