Nexus 9000 Switches in NX-OS Mode
Implementing the Cisco Nexus 9000 (DCINX9K) is a hands-on course that focuses on deployment and operations of the Cisco Nexus 9000 Series switches. Participants will learn how to configure and manage Cisco Nexus 9000 Series switches using the NX-OS CLI, Python scripts, bash shell, NX-API, and Open-Flow. Nexus 9000 switches are highly programmable, high density 1/10/40G Ethernet switches that offer highest performance, extensibility to 100GE switching, lowest cost per port and extremely high flexibility and programmability for next generation automation and orchestration. Nexus 9000 Switches build on existing NX-OS technology to bring two new data center network deployment options for customers. This course focuses on the first deployment option, knownasStandaloneMode.
This mode offers significant extensions to NX-OS Software in the area of programmability, including:
- A RESTful API, Python scripting, Linux bash access, direct ASIC-level access for traffic flow monitoring
- Support for open-systems automation and orchestration
- DevOps platforms, including Puppet, Chef, and Cisco's own onePK
- Support for software-defined networking (SDN) and emerging overlay network technologies, including VxLAN, OpenFlow, and the OpenDaylight controller.
- This training program is designed for systems and field engineers who install and implement the Cisco Nexus 9000 Switches in NX-OS mode.
- Experience with Cisco NX-OS Software
- Understanding of Cisco Data Center network architecture
- Describe Cisco products that address market trends in the data center
- Describe Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Switch hardware components
- Describe the hardware architecture of modular chassis, modular chassis line cards, and fixed configuration in the Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Switch
- Describe features offered in NX-OS that are available on the Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Switches
- Configure VXLAN features on Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Switches
- Describe the programmability, automation, and management features available on Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Switches Describe common topology options for configuring Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Switches
- Describe the benefits of adopting Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) fabric mode on Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Switches