VMware NSX: Install, Configure, Manage
This comprehensive training course focuses on installing, configuring, and managing VMware NSX. This course covers NSX as a part of the software-defined data center platform, implementation use cases along with features of NSX, and functionality operating at Layer 2 through Layer 7 of the OSI model. Lecture and hands-on lab activities support the student’s understanding of VMware NSX features, functionality, and ongoing management and control.
Experienced system administrators that specialize in networking.
- System administration experience on Microsoft Windows or Linux operating systems
Understanding of concepts presented in the VMware Data Center Virtualization.
- Fundamentals course for VCA-DCV certification
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Describe the evolution of the software-defined data center
- Describe how NSX is the next step in the evolution of the software-defined data center
- Describe data center prerequisites for NSX deployment
- Configure and deploy NSX components for management and control
- Describe basic NSX layer 2 networking
- Configure, deploy, and use logical switch networks
- Configure and deploy NSX distributed router appliances to establish East-West connectivity
- Configure and deploy VMware NSX Edge services gateway appliances to establish North-South connectivity
- Configure and use all main features of the NSX Edge services gateway
- Configure NSX Edge firewall rules to restrict network traffic
- Configure NSX distributed firewall rules to restrict network traffic
- Use role-based access to control user account privileges
- Use activity monitoring to determine whether a security policy is effective
- Configure service composer policies